Wednesday, January 25, 2017

I am back with another blog. I've wanted to talk about "packaging" for sometime now. It's getting more and more difficult to open anything. I recognize my age, but I'm still strong enough to lift the front end of a car over my head. Okay, not all the way over; don't be a stickler. When I was a kid, what I could do was unwrap a piece of bubble gum with one hand. I could open a box of crayons with the same hand or just about anything else in the world with two hands. I didn't need a scissors or a pliers. a saw or meat cleaver, or exhaust my patience eyeing the coveted purchase through it's plastic shield yet not able to reach it, to touch it. We've lost our ability to open things. More precisely, nothing like the challenge of a gymnast on the parallel bars, it's a simple maneuver that's been taken from us. We should send all of our lethal weapons to our enemies, packaged by electronics, toothbrush, or razor manufacturers, and let our nefarious rivals spend generations, in utter frustration, trying to open them while we enjoy a moment of peace on earth.

No comments:

Post a Comment